Friday, May 8, 2009

Morning Routine

Lately I have been trying to gain more free time to spend with Eli and Crystal. Also I would like to be able to take Mattie for a walk in the mornings before work. We have a lot going on in the mornings and I thought that I would try to improve the process a little without affecting the rest of our lives. Here is the current morning routine and the organization of our cabinets.

The circles represent activities:


As you can see there is a lot of walking around involved. Here are pictures of the cabinets with the items they contain.

After a little thought, a few false starts and a lot of reorganization I ended up with this:


I have to use this for a little bit before I can tell you the time savings, but just from looking at the walking and the space saved in the cabinets the improvement is obvious.

Savings:
Before walking distance = 84.75 feet
After walking distance = 45 feet

Total saved distance = 39.75 feet

No comments:

Post a Comment