Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm Not That Old Yet

I kind of swiped this idea from a speech that I heard at work, but I liked it and it fits. My family tries to be healthy. Eli has vitamins, Crystal is pregnant and has prenatal vitamins, and I have abused my body and need glucosamine and fish oil to keep things from creaking when I move. On top of that are the regular daily supplements to make up for the things that I don't eat enough of. This makes for a mess in the cabinet, and consequently it gets hidden away. Sometimes we forget, because there is no visual cue to remind us to open the cabinet and take our vitamins. In the midst of the kitchen reorganization from the previous post I also took some measures to ensure that we all get the vitamins we need every day.

I really hate those little daily pill counters. Not only would using one make me feel much older than I am, but it takes a lot of time to count out all of those doses for the week. I had to find another solution.

Basically I found a tray that holds all of our various vitamins and put it in the cabinet with the breakfast cereal and coffee. When I take out the breakfast stuff I put the tray on the counter so it is visible. I take everything off of the tray and as I open each bottle and take out the vitamins, I replace the bottle on the tray. When the tray is full again, we have everything that we require for the day and I can put the tray back in the cabinet. Simple and effective.



2 comments: